Rockfish are a type of poisonous fish that lives in shallow water near beaches.
- Sebastes, a genus of commercial fish used for
- Sebastidae, a family of marine fishes that mainly inhabit the North Pacific and Atlantic but with a few species. Sebastes is a genus within this family.
- Scorpaena - A widespread genus of marine fishes, often called Rockfish in Western Canada, Alaska and west coast of the USA
- Bull huss (Scyliorhinus stellaris), also known as rock salmon, a small shark from the northeast Atlantic
- New Zealand rockfish (Acanthoclinus littoreus)
- Stonefish (Synanceia), a genus of venomous fishes from the Indo-Pacific
- Striped bass (Morone saxatilis), a species of fish from North America
- Hexagrammos, a genus of greenling
- Salvelinus, a genus of salmonid fish
- Hypoplectrodes, a genus of Serranidae
- Rockfish River, a river in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia
- A fictitious Virginia town frequently mentioned in the TV drama The Wa